Friday, August 14, 2009

Some of my youngins' LOL


These are two of mine and my husband’s dogs. We have three but I don’t have a picture of the new one on my computer yet. Anyway, the one on the left is Boomerang. He is a full blooded Blue Healer. He is around 14 years old. We don’t know exactly and he may be older than that but we do know he is at least 14 in human years. :) A guy that my husband knows had him and he was already grown and the guy had little girls and he didn’t want Boomerang (the man called him something different but I forgot what it was) jumping up on his little girls and knocking them down. Boomerang loves to show affection but he doesn’t realize that he can harm little kids by knocking them down….but he isn’t as ruff when it comes to jumping up on people as the dog on the right is. Anyway, the man was going to just shoot the dog because he didn’t want him anymore. Well my husband found out about it and he asked for the dog to keep the guy from killing him. Just for the record my husband grew up on somewhat of a farm I guess you could say and he has always loved and adored animals and he really has a way with them…animals just seem to instantly love my husband. But back to Boomer, so my husband got the dog and since he is a type of Australian herding dog my husband wanted to give him an Australian name so he named the dog Boomerang and we call him Boomer or Boo Rang for short. Boomer has never really been trained or worked with but he acts like he has. He is such a smart dog and he is so loyal to my husband. They have a really special relationship and my husband loves him. Boomer is also a very sweet natured dog that can be sensitive sometimes but he is also very protective. He is just a great dog.
Well now the dog on the right….his name is Odie. Not quite a month before me and my husband got married I got Odie. He was just a small puppy when I got him and he was solid blue and he had blue eyes. Well as he got older his eyes changed but he still has a bluish coat. It is more of a blue gray color now but it is still not a traditional coloring on a lab. The reason for his coloring is because Odie is a cross between a blue healer (like the one on the left, Boomerang) and a lab. Although my husband is the one that named him Odie is definitely a ‘momma’s boy’ and my sweetheart. The name actually fits him. Just like the dog off of the comic/cartoon “Garfield and Friends.” That dog was named Odie and my dog has the personality of the Odie on Garfield. He is such a goof ball and he acts crazy and silly but he is smarter than he puts on. He is just a funny dog but he is also a sweet natured dog. He is very big and he has actually gotten bigger since this picture was taken. He is about a year old now. Really he is just a big baby. :) Also, Odie doesn’t meet a stranger be it human or animal…they are all his friends.

Now the third dog that isn’t pictured is a female full blooded blue healer and her name is Kanga. She got the name from the momma kangaroo on Winnie the Pooh. The little kangaroo that hangs with Winnie the Pooh and Tiger is named Roo and his momma is Kanga. So a friend of ours came up with the idea of naming our dog Kanga (since we are still trying to keep the Australian theme LOL). I think this name really fits her because she is a sweet natured dog that is just precious. She is a lot smaller than Boomer and is just adorable. She turned a year old back in March. A friend gave us to her and she has been kept in a pin all her life and has never been shown much attention so she is skittish and not very easy to handle right now. But the reason we got her is so we can breed her and Boomer. Since my husband is so attached to Boomer and Boomer is getting up in age my husband wanted to get a puppy off of him so he could still have a part of Boomer when he finally passes away which hopefully will be in many many years to come. Well, I will try to get a picture of Kanga on here later. :) But I think this is enough writing for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment