Monday, August 17, 2009

Rainy Mondays...

Well today I started back to school for the fall semester. I had one class today which wasn’t too bad. I had a pretty good weekend…nothing too eventful. I have realized I have an issue when it comes to the weekend and my eating habits. I have recently gained some weight that I am now trying to lose where my clothes will fit comfortably again and I have been trying to eat healthier or at least eat in smaller proportions and I do pretty good during the week but on the weekends I seem to pig out which makes my efforts during the week pointless. This is something I am really going to have to work at.

I meant to take some pictures of our third dog as well as my chickens this weekend but I didn’t get around to it. I have seven chickens, one rooster and six hens. The rooster is an Americana chicken. I have one full blooded Astralorp hen. Then I have two Bovans Nera hens and three Isa Brown hens. The Bovans Nera and Isa Brown hens are Rhode Island Red hybrids. My husband unexpectedly brought those five home one day and it was a definite surprise. But they are sweet hens and all of them but two are laying eggs. The rooster on the other hand is aggressive and thinks he is the king of the place. He has spurred my husband several times and has tried to jump on me twice. The first time I had to hit him or pop him with a board three times before he would leave me alone (no I do not abuse my rooster…I just try to fend him off so he want spur me). The second time he actually chased me but I got out of the pin before he got to me. My husband thinks I should stand up to the rooster and show him who is boss but I do not want to run the risk of getting spurred like my husband. I am trying to figure out a way I can separate him…like pin him in the corner of their pin when I go in to get the eggs and then release him when I get out. My husband thinks I am crazy and that it can’t be done but I think it would extinguish a lot of trouble.

I also meant to take some pictures of a project I am working on. I am crocheting a scarf! My mom taught me to crochet when I was little and I haven’t done it in years but since scarves seem to be pretty popular right now I have decided to crochet one. Perhaps I will get around to taking some pictures in the next day or so. It just so happens that the yarn I am using is eco-friendly. I also bought me a notebook this weekend for school and I noticed after I picked it up that it is recycled paper. I seem to be doing pretty good at this ‘going green’ stuff LOL. I have started recycling, bought eco yarn (and the other day I bought and eco friendly shirt) and I bought a recycled notebook…well the paper in it is recycled. It makes me feel pretty good to know that I have put some kind of effort into helping take better care of earth although I am definitely not a hard core eco-friendly, recycling kind of person. I just happened to do this stuff LOL.

I tried something new for lunch yesterday. Well, it is sort of new. I cooked some egg noodles and drained them and then put them back in the pot and then added a can of (un-drained) diced tomatoes and a can of (drained) black olives and a little water (I just poured some water in the tomato can like I was going to rinse it out and then poured it in the pot). I let it cook for a few minutes more and then I stirred in some shredded cheese…it was an Italian blend so it had parmesan and mozzarella and I don’t remember what else. It turned out pretty good…but I love to eat noodles.

Last night my husband and I went to my parent’s church to here a blue grass group sing. I love gospel blue grass if it is sung and played well. I am kind of picky when it comes to that. But anyway, this particular group we went to hear is one of my favorites and boy can they sing. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Also, they had refreshments afterwards but that necessarily wasn’t a good thing because I ended up eating way too much…*sigh* I really need to work on that. Well maybe next time I will have pictures to put on my next post. Till then, God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment