Friday, August 14, 2009

It's Friday. My funny. And recipies.

Today…..is…..FRIDAY!!!! This makes me very happy. :) I like Fridays because I am off on the weekends. However, this morning was a little frustrating. I live about thirty minutes from my job and from the college I go to. Well I got to town thirty minutes early today so I could go by the college and pay my tuition and get my books. And I had planned to do this all before I had to go to work this morning. Well….I did not have any trouble taking care of the tuition but when I got to the book store nearly the whole baseball team was in there trying to buy their books! That was really frustrating….plus the women that work in there were so frustrated trying to take care of the baseball players that they were not really friendly nor willing to really help me. My problem is that a friend gave me some of her books to use but they were an older edition than the ones in the book store. Well I didn’t really want to buy the books since they are so expensive until I knew if I could use my friends. Needless to say the women in the book store were not interested in helping me find out if my friend’s books would work or not. So I got the rest o f my books and I guess I will have to wait on the other books till I find out if the ones I have will work. I hope and pray my friend’s books are not too old to use.

Anyhow, here is a funny for the day. This really happened to me yesterday but I didn’t have time to write it on my blog.

I had wanted to recycle my water bottles because I can go through one or two a day. Well they recycle here in town where I work but they don’t in the town where I actually live. Well I had noticed that they have these blue plastic recycling bags that people put stuff in and then they sit it out by the road next to their garbage cans. Well I asked the guy here where I work did we have any of those bags and I told him what I wanted to do. He said we didn’t have any here but if I got some he would make a place for me to put them. Well I asked a lady where do I get them and she told me to try the Library here in town. So I went to the Library and asked and they told me they quit doing that five or six years ago. Well I remembered in the past I had seen the guys in a truck that come by and pick them up about the same time I do the bank run for the company that I work for in the mornings. Well yesterday I went on the bank run in a company car and I saw the guy! Well I pull up behind his truck and I get out and I was going to run up on the side walk and I was in high heels and the straps won’t stay on my heels so I have a hard time walking in them anyway….but anyhow, I was going to run up on the side walk and I ended up tripping! I didn’t fall but I was all over the place LOL. Well sure enough the guy just stood there and laughed at me….which I laughed too. Well I pulled myself together and then I said, “Excuse me, I am from the such and such company and we need some of them blue bags right there and can you please give me some because I don’t know where to go get any.” Well when he quit laughing he told me sure and he gave me a sheet of paper with the information of what to put in the bags and the number to call and let them know I want to start recycling etc….well he started to walk around the truck to get me some bags and I started to walk around the truck too and he turned around and said, “Oh you can just stay right there, I will bring them to you so you don’t have to walk over here.” *sigh* I don’t normally have blonde moments but I had one then. But hey I think I left a lasting impression of the company I work for on this guy and I am pretty sure I brightened his day. Plus it gives everybody a chance to laugh when I tell them about. J And then when I got to the bank I ran over the curb….cause I am good like that LOL. :)

You know I don't really know about this blogging stuff. I am not sure if I am supposed to write a lot at one time, or just a little each time, or if it really even matters. Anyway, my aunt sent me some recipes this morning....well she emailed them to me. But I really like this one. I don't know when I will try it but I would like to make this one. :)

*Chicken Kabobs
1 lb. chicken breasts2 cups pineapple chunks1 green pepper1 red pepper1/2 cup barbecue sauce3 Tbsp. orange juice concentrate8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes (Wrap ends with foil before grilling to prevent burning).
(You can substitute different veggies in place of the peppers. Try things like zucchini, cherry tomatoes or yellow squash.)
Cut everything into equal sized pieces, about 1 to 1 1/2 inches in size. Use 2 skewers for each kabob to make them more stable. Thread on chicken alternating with pineapple and peppers. Mix barbecue sauce and orange juice; brush on kabobs. Brush occasionally with sauce while cooking. Grill on medium high heat for 8-10 minutes, until chicken is cooked.

I even like this one too:

Slow Cooker Cream Corn
2 (16 oz.) packages frozen corn (you can use fresh or canned)1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese1/2 cup butter1/2 cup milk1 Tbsp. sugarSalt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in your slow cooker and cook on high 2-4 hours or low 4-6 hours.
You might want to melt and mix the cream cheese and butter together before you place it in the slow cooker, but you don't have to.

You know what, I will just put the other one on here too LOL.

*Frozen Peanut Butter Dessert
Crust:
1/2 cup flour1/3 cup quick cook oats1/4 cup sugar1/4 cup margarine, softened1/4 tsp. baking soda
Mix well. Press into a greased 9 inch pan. Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes until lightly brown.
Filling:
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter1/3 cup light corn syrup2 Tbsp. honey1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened3/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
Combine peanut butter, syrup and honey. Carefully spread half over the crust. Top with half of the ice cream. Drop remaining peanut butter mix over ice cream. Sprinkle with half of the nuts. Top with the rest of the ice cream and then the nuts. Freeze 3-4 hours. You may want to let it stand 5-10 minutes before serving to make it easier to cut.

I love to cook. I don’t always have time for it but I do love to cook. I like to cook for other people. I like to see that satisfied look on their face when they eat something they like or that tastes really good, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside LOL. I think is enough writing for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment